Yum! I don't know many people who don't like cheesecake.My family loves dessert, but we are trying to eat healthier in the new year. We're glad there are so many delicious sugar free and gluten free foods to enjoy, so we don't have to give up our love of dessert.
Here is a recipe for Sugar Free Turtle Cheesecake that would be perfect for serving for Valentine's Day, a special dinner with friends, or just for an every day dinner.
Sugar Free Turtle Cheesecake
Sugar Free, Low Carb, and Gluten Free
1 1/2 cups blanched almonds (Optional)
3 (8 ounces each) packages of 1/3 less fat cream cheese (softened)
1 cup sugar substitute
4 individual size packets of Stevia
3 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 cup whipping cream
2 cups light sour cream
Sugar free chocolate sauce
Sugar free caramel sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray a springform pan with cooking spray.
2. Optional: Finely chop almonds either in a food processor or place in a plastic storage bag and crush nuts with a kitchen mallet. Press nuts in the bottom of the pan to make a crust. Bake at 350 for 5 minutes. Nuts will be lightly browned when cooked. Remove from oven and cool.
3. Combine cream cheese, sugar substitute, and 2 packets of Stevia in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer, scraping sides of the bowl as needed.
4. Add the eggs, 2 teaspoons vanilla, and whipping cream. Mix until all ingredients are well combined. The filling will be the consistency of pancake batter at this point.
5. Pour batter into the springform pan. Place the springform pan into a larger pan. Pour enough hot water in the pan to come halfway to the side of the springform pan. Bake for 45 minutes.
6. Remove cheesecake from the oven and cool while making the sour cream mixture.
7. Combine sour cream, 2 packs of stevia, and 1 teaspoon vanilla in a small bowl. Spread over the top of the cheesecake. Bake for an additional 5 minutes. Turn off oven. Slightly open the oven door and leave the cheesecake inside the oven for an hour.
8. Remove cheesecake from oven, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
9. Right before serving, heat chocolate sauce and caramel in separate bowls in the microwave. Chop macadamia nuts. Drizzle chocolate and caramel over the top of the cheesecake, then sprinkle with chopped macadamia nuts. Release sides of springform pan and place on a pretty serving dish.
Like this recipe? You may enjoy my other Recipes!
Hookin Up With HoH, Foodie Friday, Foodtastic Friday, Weekend Potluck, It's A HodgePodge Friday, Foodie Friends Friday, Pity Party, Kitchen Fun & Crafty Friday, Farmgirl Friday Blog Fest, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, Saturday Nite Special, Think Pink Sunday, Scrumptious Sunday, Made From Scratch Monday, Melt In Your Mouth Monday, My Meatless Monday, Mix It Up Monday, On The Menu Monday, Creative Inspirations, Tempt Me Tuesday, Talent Tuesday, Whole Food Wednesday, Cast Party Wednesday, What's In Your Kitchen Wednesday, Allergy Free Wednesday, Gluten Free Wednesday, What I Whipped Up Wednsday, Sweet Treats & Swanky Stuff, Full Plate Thursday, Showcase Your Talent Thursday, Grace At Home, All My Friends Are Coming Over To Party, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday